- How We Collect Information.
- Use and Processing of Information.
- Sharing of Information.
- Your Choices.
- How We Protect Personal Information.
- Other Important Information.
How We Collect Information
We collect information about you in a variety of ways depending on how you interact with us and our websites and services, including:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, such as when you sign up to receive newsletters, updates, or other information from us or contact us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise.
- From other sources, including, for example, third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources. For example, if you submit a job application, or become an employee, we may conduct a background check.
For a list of the categories of personal information that we collect see the chart below in the Sharing of Information Section.
Use and Processing of Information
The following provides examples of how we use the information that we collect.
|Context||Types of Data||Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data|
|Account Registration||We collect your name, email address, and contact information when you create an account. We also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account.||We have a legitimate interest in providing account related functionalities to our users. Accounts can be used to save your preferences and transaction history.|
|Client Information||We collect the name, and contact information, of our clients and their employees with whom we may interact.|| |
We have a legitimate interest in contacting our clients and communicating with them concerning normal business administration such as projects, services, and billing.
|Email Interconnectivity||If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our communications to you.|
|Employment||If you apply for a job posting, or become an employee, we collect information necessary to process your application or to retain you as an employee. This may include, among other things, your Social Security Number. Providing this information is required for employment.||We use information about current employees to perform our obligations to employees. In some contexts, we are also required by law to collect information about employees or applicants. We also have a legitimate interest in using your information to have efficient staffing and work force operations.|
|Feedback/Support||If you provide us feedback or contact us for support we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.||We have a legitimate interest in receiving, and acting upon, your feedback or issues.|
|Mailing List||When you sign up for one of our mailing lists we collect your email address or postal address.||We share information about our products and services with individuals that consent to receive such information. We also have a legitimate interest in sharing information about our products or services.|
|Public Health and Safety||In certain situations where a serious public health threat has been identified, we may collect information from employees, guests, and other individuals accessing our facilities. This may include medical and health information, such as body temperature, symptoms, and underlying health conditions. We may also collect medical, health, and related information about an employee’s children, family member, or other individuals under the employee’s care.||We have a legitimate interest in protecting the health and safety of our employees and guests. In some jurisdictions we may be required by law, regulation, or governmental order to collect and retain information related to issues of public health and safety. We have a legitimate interest in complying with the laws in the jurisdictions in which we operate.|
|Video Surveillance||We use video surveillance to monitor some of our facilities for the purpose of protecting our property, our employees, and our visitors, and to identify any fraudulent or criminal behaviors.||We have a legitimate interest in monitoring our facilities for the purpose of protecting our property, our employees, and our visitors.|
|Website interactions||We use technology to monitor how you interact with our website. This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into our online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful. We also have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud.|
|Web logs||We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.||We have a legitimate interest in monitoring our networks and the visitors to our websites. Among other things, it helps us understand which of our services is the most popular.|
In some countries, such as Canada, our legitimate interest may arise by obtaining your express or implied consent.
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- To manage our relationship with you, including administering your account(s) and processing orders;
- To present and improve Site content and functionality;
- To determine user interests, needs and preferences;
- To provide notice of changes to our Site or the products and services we offer or provide through it;
- To manage and maintain the security of our Site and services;
- To market our products and services to you.
- To comply with our legal and compliance obligations, including maintaining records, performing compliance audits, etc.;
- For insurance purposes;
- To exercise and defend our legal rights, or to comply with court orders;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose to which you have consented.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, if you contact us about one of our products we may collect your information as we have a legitimate interest in responding to your request for information, but we also collect your information to perform a contract with you in the event that you place an order with us. As a result, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
Sharing of Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we may disclose personal information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
Some jurisdictions require us to disclose whether the following categories of personal information are collected, disclosed to third parties for a “business purpose,” or “sold” or transferred for “valuable consideration.” The table below indicates the categories of personal information we collect and transfer in a variety of contexts. Note that we do not “sell” personal information, provide your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing, or engage in cross-context behavioral advertising.
|Categories of Personal Information We Collect||To Whom We Disclose Personal Information for a Business Purpose|
|Identifiers – this may include real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.|
|Government Issued Identification – this may include social security number, driver’s license number, or state issued identification number, passport number.|
|Financial Information – this may include bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, and other financial information.|
Health Related Information – this may include medical information, mental or physical condition or treatment, or health insurance information.
|Characteristics of protected classifications – this may include age, sex, race, ethnicity, physical or mental handicap, etc.|
|Commercial information – this may include information about products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.|
|Biometric information – this may include imagery of the iris, retina, fingerprint, face, hand, palm, vein patterns, and voice recordings, from which an identifier template, such as a faceprint, a minutiae template, or a voiceprint, can be extracted, and keystroke patterns or rhythms, gait patterns or rhythms, and sleep, health, or exercise data that contain identifying information.|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information – this may include browsing history, search history, and information regarding an individual’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.|
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information|
|Professional or employment-related information|
|Inferences drawn from any of the information listed above|
|Additional categories of personal information described in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) – this may include signature, physical characteristics or description, insurance policy number|
Some jurisdictions also require that we identify our purpose for collecting the following types of personal information:
|Categories of Sensitive Personal Information We Collect||Purposes For Which it is Collected|
|Social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number.|
Racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership.
|Contents of a consumer’s mail, email, and text messages unless the business is the intended recipient of the communication|
|Biometric information for the purpose of uniquely identifying a consumer|
Some jurisdictions give you a right to make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Access To Your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information, confirmation that we have information about you, by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you access to the personal information that we have about you. In certain circumstances, you may request portability of your personal information.
- Changes To Your Personal Information. If our website does not permit you to update or correct certain information, you can contact us at the address described below in order to request that your information by modified. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law.
- Deletion Of Your Personal Information. Typically we retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request information about how long we keep a specific type of information, or request that we delete your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another business purposes.
- Objection to Certain Processing. You may object to our use or disclosure of your personal information by contacting us at the address described below.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "Do Not Track" instructions.
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails we may still send you service related communications.
- Revocation Of Consent. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. You may revoke consent to processing (where such processing is based upon consent) by contacting us at the address described below.
You may exercise the rights described by contacting us as indicated in the “Contact Information” section below. We do not discriminate against individuals that exercise rights conferred by law. If you disagree with how we handled a request, you may appeal our decision by contacting us with the subject line “Appeal.”
Note that, as required by law, we will require you to prove your identity. We may verify your identity by phone call or email. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name, proof of your identity, and description of your relationship to the company. Depending on your relationship with the company, we may ask you for some or all of the following: title, name of supervisor, amount of last pay stub or date of last contact. We may also ask you to provide a signed declaration confirming your identity. Following a request, we will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you in our files.
In some circumstances, you may designate an authorized agent to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf. If you are an authorized agent submitting a request on behalf of an individual you must attach a completed Authorized Agent Designation Form indicating that you have authorization to act on behalf of another person.
How We Protect Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law. Some of our websites permit you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
Other Important Information
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Transmission of Information to Other Countries. As a multi-national company we transmit information between and among our affiliates. As a result your information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Nonetheless, where possible we take steps to treat personal information using the same privacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which we first received your information. If you would like more information concerning our attempts to apply the privacy principles applicable in one jurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction you can contact us using the contact information below. For data that we collect in Europe and transmit outside of the European Economic Area to countries that are not considered by the European Commission to have similar data privacy laws, we utilize the European Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses. You may also request a copy of any Standard Contractual Clauses we use by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Third Party Applications/Websites. We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own.
- Accessibility. If you are visually impaired, you may access this notice through your browser’s audio reader.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
Attn: General Counsel
Attn: General Counsel
955 Highway 57
Collierville, TN 38017
Jinling AOC Resins Co., Ltd.
No. 88 Yun Long Shan Road 3/f
Block A, Fenghuo Building 210019
Nanjing, Jiangsu Province
If you are not satisfied with our response, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.